Menu
02/24/2018 - شنبه 5 اسفند 1396 |

Background

Background

The first attempts were taken for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of a graveyard called Behesht-e Zahra(God’s peace upon her) with the aim of finishing the subject of plurality of graveyards in vicinity of Tehran in 1966. Tehran Ex-mayor, deputies and managers of Funeral Organization made decisions and allocated an area in Tehran-Gom path with 314 hectares area. Immediately, the construction and green-space activities were started. Behesht-e Zahra(God’s peace upon her) was made ready in 1970 but due to the existence of plural active graveyards in the regions of Tehran, it was un-welcomed by the public opinions for burying their dead. Finally, Behesht-e Zahra(God’s peace upon her) was formally implemented by burying the first dead man named Mohammad Taghi Khiyal in section 1 Row 1 No. 1 who belonged to an army and popular family.

40 years passed and Behesht-e Zahra(God’s peace upon her) founded in 314 hectares area in 1970 by obeying the modern urbanization techniques. It became on-going until February 1997 because of the daily-increasing population and unorganized development of Tehran and consequently increase in mortality. The officials planned to buy 110 hectares of north and northeast fields so that Behesht-e Zahra(God’s peace upon her) developed from north.

Development Part 1 started in 1997 and finished in 2008. The officials attempted to reach an agreement with local mayors in that they succeed in buying the east fields in 160 hectares as Development Part 2 and funerals started to take place in this part in June 2009.